[NTLUG:Discuss] Video help please....

Greg E Gregory.Edwards at usa.alcatel.com
Fri Aug 6 09:49:56 CDT 1999

Partial is probably from the virtual being set larger than window as
mentioned.

Can you change modes with an <ALT><+> or <-> key sequence?  If not run
XF86Config again and select all modes that you want made active.  If
you have multiple modes available in the XF86Config configuration file
you'll need to set their order so that you get the desired default as
the 1st listed.  On setting up a new display I make all modes active
and do a switch between them to see which I like best on that display
and then I run config again and only select the mode I like to be
made available.  The disadvantage to this is that I can't change on the
fly but the advantage is that I don't have to mess with the config data
file.

Greg E