[NTLUG:Discuss] I wish to contact you on the ICQ Network

TJ Bell tjbell at usa.net
Tue Aug 10 13:44:46 CDT 1999

Steve wrote:

> If I'm not mistaken, ICQ is still not available on Linux?

<snip>
> --
> Steve Egbert                      Skytel: 888-463-7343
> Software Engineering                 FAX: 972-991-3887
> Efficient Networks, Inc.          http://www.efficient.com
> "These are people who work on Linux and other weird Unix
> variations." -- Mike Nichols, V.P. Microsoft Corporation

ICQ is very much avaible for linux.  While there is not an "official"
ICQ client made avaible from the ICQ network other than the Java version
(which is horrible), there are many clones of it - one of which is the
one that I'm writing called XaImCQ.  Mine is more than an ICQ clone
though.  Mine will also be an Aol Instant Message clone. (First of its
kind and you can track it's development on my website).  XaImCQ is still
in early development but there are other ICQ clones that do the job very
well.  Check out http://www.portup.com/~gyandl/icq/ for clients
currently avaible.

--
TJ Bell