[NTLUG:Discuss] Killing Off Linux: It's All Academic

Kelly Scroggins kelly at cliffhanger.com
Mon Sep 20 22:38:36 CDT 1999

The article mentioned Indiana University made a deal to distribute MS
software to the student population.  In many schools you can obtain
copies of Ms OS's and other products for as little as $6.00 per CD!

I'm beginning to think it's a loosing battle.  As easy, and as cheap as
Linux is to obtain, Linux is really only appealing to people who are
"technically" minded.  The average "Joe Sixpack" can't just plop a CD of
Linux in his drive and go on about his day.

He'll have a pretty good learning curve ahead of him.  And 99% of the
time he'll want to stick with what he's already familiar with, MS.

kelly