[NTLUG:Discuss] Re: Samba/NT question.

Dale Massey dmassey at utdallas.edu
Mon Oct 4 09:42:52 CDT 1999

I have a bunch of network shares I'm moving from a NT domain to a unix
box with samba. The only problem is that the script will be calling for
the sharename with a "$" on the end. The "$" is used in NT to make the
share non-browsable. I don't want to have to make dir's or soft-links
with "$" on the end of them. But I do need to move these directories to
the unix side. The script could be rewritten but as this would be done
by another dept. I don't want to have to wait for them to get to it.
Does anyone know how to get samba to share the dir with a "$" on the
end?

unix name: /home/username

what it should be shared as: /home/username$

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Dale Massey