[NTLUG:Discuss] Intel Celeron

Juliet Blosser juliet at firinn.org
Tue Nov 23 12:29:03 CST 1999

On Sun, Nov 21, 1999 at 03:22:31PM -0500, Randy Seibert wrote:
> Hi everyone. I have heard that Celerons are very overclockable. Is this true? If it is and anyone out there has done this please tell me what type of experience you had.
>
> -Randy

They are very overclockable, from my experience.  However, different
cpu's will overclock differently, so if you hear for instance that you
can overclock a 400mhz to 500mhz, you may or may not be able to do so
with your particular cpu.  Also, I was using a friend's PC with an
overclocked Celeron, and it ran stable, but would not compile consistently.
This is something to watch out for.

http://www.tomshardware.com/ has some good info on overclocking.