[NTLUG:Discuss] Toy Story 2 - Is 'Wheezy' really Tux?

Johnie Stafford jms at pobox.com
Mon Dec 13 07:54:32 CST 1999

>>> On Mon, 13 Dec 1999 01:26:23 -0600 (CST), Kendall Clark <kclark at ntlug.org> said:

 >>>>>> "Steve" == Steve Baker <sjbaker1 at airmail.net> writes:
 Steve> So does anyone have any contacts at Pixar?

 Steve> There has been some debate about whether the Penguin in Toy
 Steve> Story 2 is intended to be Tux or not - and if so, what is
 Steve> the intended symbolism?

 kc> Ask Dan Lyke, he'll know for sure. He works at Pixar and is a wily
 kc> Unix hacker. I think he's got credits in both TS and TS2.

 kc> danlyke at flutterby.com

So does/did Bruce Perens of Debian. I'm not sure if he's still there,
but I remember way back in the olden days of Linux, before the Debian
project got going, seeing mail from bruce at pixar.com on the Linux
mailing lists.

	Johnie