[NTLUG:Discuss] Ethernet PC card recommendations? VPN through firewallconfig?

Mark Bickel Mark.Bickel at ericsson.com
Fri Jan 7 13:21:31 CST 2000

Alex Coker wrote:
> If your question is about PCMCIA cards, I'd recommend the
> Linksys 10/100.

Yep, PC Card = PCMCIA. It's for a laptop. Wondering about
whether 3com is really worth the money, vs intel or tulip
chipset based cards. Good Linux compatability a plus, but
for the moment anyway this is going on a Win98 laptop. Only
way I might get my wife to consider a dual boot would be
for me to replace the HD with a bigger one (Compaq Pressario
1294 notebook has 2.5 GB drive). Anyone have experience with
changing out HDs on a notebook/laptop?

Mark.Bickel at ericsson.com