[NTLUG:Discuss] Need Network Configuration Advice.

Bobby Wrenn bobby at wrennest.com
Thu Jan 27 05:03:48 CST 2000

You will need to run enable ip-forwarding in your kernel and run
ipchains. You seem to have the system set up correctly.

In a recent post Chris Cox gave this minimum configuration:
As root do:
ipchains -A forward -j MASQ -s 192.168.X.0/24 -d 0.0.0.0/0
echo 1 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

Replace X with your network identifier for your private net.
e.g. 192.168.4.0

This is a minimum configuration and provide no security. I will send the
script I use directly to you. I will need some tweaking for your system
but that should be easy.