[NTLUG:Discuss] Linux Print Server for a hetorogeneous network anyone?

Scott Womer Scott at Womer.Com
Wed Feb 16 18:30:05 CST 2000

Has anyone in our group done it?  Can anyone point me at some
sites/documentation to review to see how to do it?

I would like to set up a fault tolerant print servers that can accept print
jobs from win*, linux and hp-ux.

The road I'm headed down is TurboCluster-Linux, with the CUPS spooler and
Samba, all my printers are either LexMark or HP and all printers have their
own IP address.

I don't want to invent this if I don't have to, and I know there's
organizations out there that do this (Cisco for one), but I have not been
able to find any documented "Case Studies" or "HOWTOs" on the combinations
of technology that are known to work.

Anyone?

Thanks,
Scott Womer