[NTLUG:Discuss] opinions on where to run DNS server..... firewall vs main server.

clyde swann swannc at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 1 21:36:55 CST 2000

thanks for the comments.

my initial intent and still is so far, is to setup the dns on the box that
will be used as my firewall/router/proxy.  i will use forwarders to my isp's
name servers for outside address resolution for the local net.  i do want to
affect the internet wide address resolving for my domains.  i just read
something in some docs about dns setup that said it was assumed that the dns
would be installed on the main server.  it was not obvious to me as to why
so i thought i would ask for opinions to gain an understanding.

thanks again for your comments.