[NTLUG:Discuss] NTLUG Discuss Guidelines; Also, Open-Source Software

greenglow484@juno.com greenglow484 at juno.com
Sat Mar 25 00:17:16 CST 2000

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000 21:24:11 -0600 Lance Jones <lljones at kickinit.net>
writes:
> You can go ahead and remove me from this list, although I have been
> on it
> several years and have received some useful info, I see it as going
> down in
> flames,

	<snip>

> MadHat wrote:
>
> > OK, I am working on the list of guidlines/charter.  It is hacked
> from
> > other LUGs and ideas already discussed here.

<snip>

	I did not see anything in the guidelines I disagreed with -- nothing.  I
thought they were fine.

	As far as the list "going down in flames", I think that's what the
guidelines were supposed to address.  Ultimately, whether flames break
out, or not, is a responsibility of each person who posts.

	I think *some* of the stuff I've read on this list the last month, or so
(I've been subscribing for about 5 months) has been pretty fscking
snippish.  I wish people would quit doing it.  Nobody can make them stop,
but their own selves;  yeah, the moderator can un-subscribe them from the
list (I suppose), but it would be better if people would just govern
their own behavior, and not make the rest of us have to watch them, at
it.

	I also think there is a *whale* of a lot of valuable info. that gets
exchanged on this list, each week.  In the meantime, I'm still getting
useful info off of this list, every week.  You guys (and gals) have a
cool OS.  I'm still learning it, but I'm trying.  --  Doug Darnold
--
  Douglas D. Darnold	Principal/ Attorney
  LAW OFFICES OF DOUGLAS D. DARNOLD	<greenglow484 at juno.com>

Please pardon the following: -- D.D.D.: