[NTLUG:Discuss] Unix based html editors

Bobby L. Sanders ssanders at vzinet.com
Mon Mar 27 23:10:31 CST 2000

I like Xemacs

http://xemacs.org/

running in html3 mode.  Very quick.  Even allows you to ftp to your site from within Xemacs, edit a file and transfer it back to the site - you can run your regular ftp commands in an interactive buffer.  In the html mode, you can "colorize" the tags, it
checks for opening and closing tags, automatic pop up of available tags tailored to where you are in the html codes.   Truly nice.  Think you will love it.  Should build on all *nix boxes, plus there are ports to M$W and Mac.  Finally, your boss will love the
price - it is GNUed.

Bobby