[NTLUG:Discuss] X 3.3.6 + Redhat 6.2 = Memory Prob

lee@brave.com lee at brave.com
Wed May 10 10:30:18 CDT 2000

I tried X 4.0 but there's some kind of quirky thing where I get an error
that says something along the lines of "couldn't mmap PCI memory (address:
0xblah-blay-blah).  X docs claim that Cirrus chips are supported but I
think that X 4.0 isn't quite ready for this particular chip.

X 4.0 works great on my S3Virge tho.

So far, running X since last night is doing great - but no Eterms or
epplets or Netscape... we'll see how the reest of the experiment goes. :-)