[NTLUG:Discuss] Simple: cron (file) format to schedule a task to run at any time.

Jay Urish j at dalwan.net
Thu May 25 19:22:05 CDT 2000

At 05:55 PM 5/25/00 , you wrote:
>Hi all,
>I'd like to know the format for the crontab file to schedule a task to run at
>any interval of time or days.
>
>I'm familiar with the one comes with SCO UNIX but I'm not sure about LINUX
>(RH6.0)?

Here is roots crontab on my box..

#Run the logwatcher everyday at 22:00
0 22 * * *              /usr/sbin/logwatch
0 12 * * 1-5    /root/backup.daily #This is the daily backup
0 12 * * 6              /root/backup.full #this is the full backup

1 2 3 4 5

1. is something
2. is the hour
3. is the minuet
4. is something
5 is the day where 1=monday 2=tuesday etc..

Jay Urish
Network Engineer - Dallas Wide Area Networking L.L.C
www.dalwan.net