[NTLUG:Discuss] @Home connection problems. Can't even ping.

Jason Fortezzo fortezzo at directlink.net
Thu May 25 22:50:10 CDT 2000

This may sound crazy but when I first got my DSL modem (yes
I know you have a cable modem, but hear me out), it absolutely
refused to work with PCI Network cards.  ISA cards worked fine,
as did PCMCIA cards.  I tried 5 different cables, 3 different makes
of PCI cards, 3 different operating systems but to no avail.  GTE
would come out and it would work fine with their laptop.  They insisted
I was doing something wrong.  Well, I finally got my ISP to give me
a different modem and that fixed it.

Have you tried getting a different modem and/or confirming all your
NICs work properly?

Jason Fortezzo
E-Mail: fortezzo at directlink.net
PGP Key: http://galvani.tamu.edu/~bigjason/pgpkey