[NTLUG:Discuss] what is ":bad option"?

MadHat madhat at unspecific.com
Fri Jul 21 12:02:40 CDT 2000

m m wrote:

> >From: Steve Baker <sjbaker1 at airmail.net>
> >Can you send us the contents of the script file? (Assuming it's not
> >too long that is!)
> >
> here is the script: (I just copy from Qmail-HOWTO) and name it as 'svscan'
> and put it in /etc/rc.d/init.d/

Once you put it there, chmod it (probably 755) and use your favorite
tool to enable it in the init process...

like
'/sbin/chkconfig svscan on'
or ksysv and make sure it is added to the 3 and/or 5 run levels for the
start...  There is also a Gnome tool, and others...  The chkconfig is
easy cmdline tool for admining the SysV init scripts
'chkconfig --list' will show the current status (on or off fr each run
level)
'chkconfig --list svscan' will show the current status of svscan, etc...

MadHat at unspecific.com
                                   "The 3 great virtues of a programmer:
                                      Laziness, Impatience, and Hubris."
                                                 --Larry Wall