[NTLUG:Discuss] Sleep nightmare

Daniel L. Shipman webmaster at srj.net
Sat Jul 22 14:12:09 CDT 2000

Ok - I feel like an idiot - but I have tried everything I can think of

I am running RH 6.2 - my bios settings seem correct - but my box goes into
sleep more and I can't stop it - is there some setting in linux that can
keep the box from sleeping - it's not that I mind cuz all services continue
to work fine - except the clock - which may or may not be tied to the same
issue - the clock over night looses 5 hours - if I shut down and go into
bios the time is exactly correct - I reset the clock every day and every day
it is off again in the morning my 5 hrs - very troubling - can someone help?