[NTLUG:Discuss] Does anyone succeed install qmail?

m m llliiilll at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 4 00:55:07 CDT 2000

Hi all:
Just wonder if there anyone succeed install qmail (should be a lot)?
I try to install qmail by following the qmail HOWTO, never succeed!
don't know what is wrong.
the probem is
when I try to start qmail, it should this message:

svc: warning: unable to control /var/qmail/supervise/amail-send: file does
not exist
svc: warning: unable to control /var/qmail/supervise/amail-send/log: file
does not exist
svc: warning: unable to control /var/qmail/supervise/amail-smtpd: file does
not exist
svc: warning: unable to control /var/qmail/supervise/amail-smtpd/log: file
does not exist

in fact, there are 'run' files in each directory, and the permisson is set
to 755

here is the qmail script file:

#!/bin/sh -e
PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin:/usr/qmail/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
export PATH

case "$1" in
	start)
	svc -u /var/qmail/supervise/*