[NTLUG:Discuss] Flashcards

MadHat madhat at unspecific.com
Mon Aug 28 10:01:47 CDT 2000

Randall Gibson wrote:

> When I posrted something over the size limit, I was notified that it was rejected, and why. As his letter says, he was not.

He may not have been because an .EXE (which means for another OS) that
has nothing to do with linux looks more like spam (or a viral something
or other) and may have been thought of as such, in which case spam is
rarely announced as being rejected for fear of the spammer trying again,
and again, and again...  I don't think this was rejected on just the
size limit, but I do not remember.

Yes most of the time a message is sent to the poster as to why the
message was rejected, but this is not always the case.

Either way this was so far off topic (his post, not this discussion)
that it shouldn't matter.  Arithmetic flashcards in the form of an .EXE
is not linux related and should not have been sent to the list in the
first place.

It was decided to leave the list mostly open, but we do have a few rules
we try to stick to:
- Keep the topics on linux or linux related subjects
- Don't send .EXE's (or linux executables for that matter)
- Don't send overly large emails (40K limit right now)
- Be kind (as much as we can, for as we all know, Unix can make people a
bit...  ever read BoFH?)

Anyway, I do apologize for not having a rejection notice to that post.

MadHat at unspecific.com
                                   "The 3 great virtues of a programmer:
                                      Laziness, Impatience, and Hubris."
                                                 --Larry Wall