[NTLUG:Discuss] On Linux and other *nixes...[News Link]

Steve Baker sjbaker1 at airmail.net
Tue Sep 19 16:56:56 CDT 2000

Rusty Haddock wrote:

> Steve Baker wrote:
>     >Without Minix, there could be no Linux - but Minix has been eradicated
>     >because of it - nobody offers to prostrate themselves at the feet of
>     >the Minux author...erm...whatever-his-name-is.
>
> Andrew S Tanenbaum and quite a few of his (mostly nameless) graduate
> students.  :-(

Doh!  Of course - thanks for the reminder.

I used to use Minix on my AtariST - it had a few "interesting quirks" and
it was modelled off a particularly ancient UNIX varient - but it was
certainly a recognisable UNIX - and quite fast/usable/reliable.

--
Steve Baker   HomeEmail: <sjbaker1 at airmail.net>
              WorkEmail: <sjbaker at link.com>