[NTLUG:Discuss] Can sendmail listen on multiple ports?

Bug Hunter bughuntr at one.ctelcom.net
Fri Nov 17 16:59:25 CST 2000

On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, James L. Skidmore wrote:

> > On Thu, 16 Nov 2000 00:07:47 Egome wrote:
> > > Some isp's are filtering packets outbound on port 25.   OK..well it's ONE
> > > isp in particular who shall remain nameless but whose initials are
> > > B.I.G.P.L.A.N.E.T.
>
> There are only a million ISP's out there. Why support one that does
> something so stupid? Switching ISP's certainly sounds like the easiest
> solution.

  Because the ISP (BP) probably has soo many customers that can't keep
their mail servers from being SPAM servers that they block access to port
25 by default unless the customer informs them they know what they are
doing.

  I suggest talking to someone at BP and convincing them that you can run
a spam free server, unless your user agreement with them precludes this.

bug