[NTLUG:Discuss] KDM and chooser

Greg Edwards greg at nas-inet.com
Sat Dec 9 21:28:58 CST 2000

Tom McDonald wrote:

> Greg Edwards wrote:
> >
> > I'm about to pull my hair out on this one:((
> >
> > Has anyone figured out how to get kdm to list remote hosts in the
> > chooser list?  I've dug through the xdm and related docs as well as the

snip

> > TIA,
> > --
> > Greg Edwards
>
> Hey Greg,
>
> All you have to do is set up the Xaccess file as defined in man xdm....
> kdm uses the same mechanisms to list remote servers etc.  There is a
> pretty good example in the man pages for xdm.
>
> Tom
>
> --
> Tom McDonald    <tom at compuclaim.com>

Just an update on this.  I finally cried UNCLE on this one for now.
I've tried for several days and just can't seem to get it to work.  I'm
able to do remote logins and run using "-display" so I guess for now
that'll have to do.  It's not a critical need just a convience.  I've
got my other systems connected to a KVM so those things that are a real
pain from my workstation I'll just continue to login there.

On another matter, several months ago someone posted a URL to a Linux
version of SCCS.  Can whoever that was post it again?  Installing
that'll be Tuesdays project.

--
Greg Edwards
New Age Software, Inc.