[NTLUG:Discuss] kde crashed and now won't start up....

Chris Cox cjcox at acm.org
Thu Feb 22 09:45:28 CST 2001

This is ONLY a guess.  KDE has the ability to parse the plugins
and other stuff from you existing non-KDE browsers.  Go to the
config panel and down toward the bottom I believe is something
like "system" or something like that.... that's where you'll
need to turn some stuff off.  Of course, the problem is getting
in to begin with.  You might want to move your .kde2 directory
temporarily (rename it)... try starting up and see if you can
get in... in fact, that might be the solution (of course you
may have to do some work to get your customizations back).