[NTLUG:Discuss] VMware help!

Alex Coker adcoker at leap4linux.com
Wed Feb 28 20:17:32 CST 2001

If you can help, I'd be eternally grateful. I have Vmware 2.0.3 (I think)
and it won't start due to a writelock on the .dsk file. I've tried their
tech. Support, but they haven't responded in two days.

Do you know how to get rid of this writelock without ruining the disc
image?

I've tried 'rm -f' from root, but every time I start Vmware the lock
comes back. Vmware dialog states that the VM was shutdown improperly, but
I think I would remember if it had, and that Vmware would remove it, but
it doesn't.

Any help is appreciated. I don't want to re-install the Win95 again.

Alex