[NTLUG:Discuss] Securing Linux

Christopher Browne cbbrowne at localhost.brownes.org
Tue Mar 6 21:07:48 CST 2001

On Fri, 02 Mar 2001 13:18:33 CST, the world broke into rejoicing as
"Joey" <support at catalog.com>  said:
> http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/index.html

Interesting indeed.  You can even download the patches.

I'm not sure that it's vastly more illuminating that the SGI "B1" code
release; that one represented design comments on what sorts of things
you need to do to make something B1-compliant, while it is less clear
that the NSA code is describing correspondence to any normative
standard.

But it is _most_ interesting to see the NSA web site show more and
more public information about what they do.  It was not so long ago
that I heard bits of things about what they did in hushed breaths as
there was "No Such Agency"...
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "gro.mca@" "enworbbc"))
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/security.html