[NTLUG:Discuss] Strange Network Problem(s) on RedHat 7.1

Aaron Goldblatt aaron at goldblatt.net
Wed Jul 11 19:20:40 CDT 2001

> P.S. The 2 PC's I'm working with are on the same 100mbps hub....

I just went through a similiar experience, except the problem was affecting
all communications over the relevant NIC.  Orignally I thought it was a dud
driver setting on my RealTek 8139, but after further diagnosis it turned out
that my EEPro100 had failed.  Replacing the card and recompiling the correct
driver into the kernel (tulip, in this instance) worked wonders.

Basic troubleshooting applies here.  Look for simple stuff you've forgotten,
like bad cable ends and loose connections.

ag