[NTLUG:Discuss] @home port blocking?

Travis Bell tjbell at usa.net
Mon Aug 20 13:03:55 CDT 2001

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 05:48:37PM +0000, Kenneth Loafman wrote:
> I know that @home blocks ports for WWW and Netbios inbound and the SMTP
> port outbound.  Does anyone know of other ports that are blocked?  I
> just heard a rumor that VPN was blocked as well.  Is there a site to
> reference or is this just some random observations?
>
> Beginning to feel that I'm leaving the real internet and moving into the
> edges of AOL-space...
>
> ....Ken

I have ATT at Home and they still haven't blocked anything for me.  My website is still going strong, and I'm composing this email via a SSH session from work to my home PC right now.  It will then send the email out and when I get it again (after posting to discuss at ntlug), it will be sent directly to my PC.  I host all my own email.

I don't know what @Home's reasons are for blocking some people and not blocking others, but you aren't going to hear me complaining.  My CodeRed attack count has gone down and I can still run the services I need to (Apache, SSH, Email).

I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

--
Travis Bell  a.k.a.  MudPoet
echo tjbexx at usa.nyz | tr xyz let