[NTLUG:Discuss] Low-cost dial-up ISP recommendations?

J. Jentink jjentink at home.com
Wed Nov 7 13:53:09 CST 2001

I have some friends that are looking for an inexpensive dial-up ISP in
the Dallas area. They are looking for something that costs less than
AOL. I think they are currently paying $22 per month. As for
expectations.... let us just say that are happy with AOL's service.

I used to recommend TICNET but they have been purchased by Waymark
Communications. I have not yet checked into their pricing but it is
always a bad sign when they do not post them on their web pages.

Does anyone have any experience with Everyone's Internet? They sound
interesting in their adds and after a $32 sign-up fee, it is $10 + tax
per month. Their email and newgroups are all web based but the price
is right. One neat thing I noticed was that they have an answering
machine service that can be enabled while you are on-line. Anyone have
any experience or heard anthing positive or negative about them?
    http://www.ev1.net/english/index.asp

Input on any ISP's would be appreciated.  Thanks.

j.