[NTLUG:Discuss] A Laptop

Alan Andrews alan at tieless.com
Fri Jan 18 13:20:31 CST 2002

Depending on the brand of card you'll have to edit the
/etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts file.  I had particular trouble with a Lucent
Orinoco card until I  edited it for the RG1000 I was using.  On the
other hand a Cisco card and a Linksys card both worked flawlessly the
first time with no editing connecting to a Linksys AP.   You're right
about documentation though.