[NTLUG:Discuss] Linux install over network

cody_bell@ennis.com cody_bell at ennis.com
Tue Mar 26 14:54:59 CST 2002

Hello NTLUG List,
Long time reader, first time poster.

I have downloaded the complete distro from the web (about 5gb) to a
PC(WinNT). I created a share to install from.

I created the floppies(boot & network modules). I use the boot disk to start
the install and switch to the network disk to load the network
drivers(3C595-TX). When asked about the install I choose NFS. After entering
the requested IP addresses I get an error "Unknown Error" and the mount
fails.
I am on an NT domain network if this makes any difference.

I must be missing something here.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cody Bell