[NTLUG:Discuss] Linux/Windows DHCP problem

Chris Cox cjcox at acm.org
Fri May 10 11:45:35 CDT 2002

Daniel Hauck wrote:

> That's an interesting problem and I anxiously await the solution.
>
> I'm also interested in a solution to the reverse -- where DNS and DHCP is
> being served by the Linux server... can those two be connected?

Switch away from the piece-of-garbage thing that RH is using
(I think they used pump??)... move to dhcpcd.  Then you can
issue dhcpcd -h myhostname.... you can also add the -d (I
think it  is -d) to get your Linux machine to set the domain
in /etc/resolv.conf to match what the dhcp server sends back.

There may be an option to pump to send the client info to

the dhcp server... you'll have to dig through the docs on
that one.  But I recommend dhcpcd personally.

Regards,
Chris