[NTLUG:Discuss] problem w/ copying to a floppy drive

Bug Hunter bughuntr at one.ctelcom.net
Tue May 28 20:38:38 CDT 2002

  If you have mtools installed, try putting a floppy in that was formatted
on a dos machine:

mcopy filename a:
remove floppy

on other machine
mcopy a:filename .

  DO NOT MOUNT the floppy

  otherwise, do this:

mount -t vfat /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy
cp filename /mnt/floppy
sync
umount /mnt/floppy

on new machine

mount -t vfat /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy
cp /mnt/floppy/filename .
umount /mnt/floppy

  see if this works better.  I've found that "auto" does not always
automatically work.