[NTLUG:Discuss] Slow connection to pop3

Bob Byron bbyron at radit.com
Tue Jul 16 09:41:23 CDT 2002

I know you verified your resolv.conf file, but my previous
problem sounds a lot like yours.  And, in my case, it
ultimately turned out to be a DNS problem (with the resolv.conf
file).  I would try seeing how long your system takes to resolve
the different domain names your server must support (via pings).
But at any rate, I would give some thought to insuring that DNS
is not the issue.  Oh, and try connecting with telnet.  In my
case, telnet was also slow.

Make sure
ping `uname -n`
comes back immediately.