[NTLUG:Discuss] Video Record

Paul Ingendorf pauldy at wantek.net
Sun Jul 21 23:29:21 CDT 2002

I have one it's an IBM ppc 403 running kernel 2.1.24 using a Panasonic digital tunner a Sony mpeg encoder and an IBM decoder the whole rig cost me around 550 and was worth every penny.  It currently has a 30GB hard drive in it and a link to my Linux server to route caller id information to the screen.  I have an ethernet card in it that grabs program guide updates over my broadband connection and allows me to setup recordings while I'm not at home.  You can get more information about this setup at http:/www.tivo.com/ and http://www.9thtee.com/.