[NTLUG:Discuss] Messed up Named.conf file

Jack Snodgrass jack+ntlug at mylinuxguy.net
Mon Jul 29 20:52:43 CDT 2002

pdnsd is pretty slick. You can set it up to be a DNS.
it will use your /etc/hosts file for local stuff
and use your ISPs DNSes for non-local stuff. You can
define DNSes that aren't always connected and it will
use them when they are there and not use them when they
aren't there. You can say that some dnses will
handle a domain like private.net and that other dnses
should not hanlde that domain.

Sounds like it might help in your situation.

look for the latest version on freshmeat.

jack