[NTLUG:Discuss] Problems with internal Zip drive

Scott Denlinger sbd at dakotacom.net
Fri Aug 23 12:44:52 CDT 2002

> On my Mandrake systems, the internal ZIP is mounted as a SCSI device
> with the ide-scsi module.  It is invoked in LILO and instructs the
> kernel to load the module and from there the Mount command uses
> /dev/sda as the mount point (per my /etc/fstab)
>
> So your IDE Zip should be seen as a SCSI device on newer distros.
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> keVIn

I'm using Debian Woody with a 2.4.19 kernel. If it were really mountable
as a SCSI device, would my kernel be telling me that it recognizes it as
'hdd'? I thought entries under '/dev' which begin with 'h' means that
the device is *not* a SCSI device. If it were a SCSI device, wouldn't I
see some kind of entry like '/dev/sd*'? I don't have any SCSI hardware
in my system.

Scott