[NTLUG:Discuss] Very new to LINUX and looking for the best backup/restore

Bryan Allen bryan.allen at takami-f6.com
Wed Oct 2 12:22:56 CDT 2002

Hello,

I have two Dell 1650 servers, 1 is a primary Web server running Redhat 7.3/Jboss/etc.., the other I need for a hot spare.  I am looking for the best way to replicate the whole partition after setting up/installing/configuring the first.  I have attempted to use Partition Image which looked pretty good, but get errors using it, and the Intel Pro 1000 network drivers on the boot CD seem to not work properly.  I had hoped for something like Norton GHOST to avoid having to first install/configure the system then restore files.

Any recommendations?

Thank you,

Bryan Allen