[NTLUG:Discuss] Hi, all

MadHat madhat at unspecific.com
Tue Oct 22 10:31:34 CDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 21:15, Fred James wrote:
> Define "viable job market"
> Compared to some cities around the country - maybe so.
> Compared to other cities around the country - maybe no.
> YMMV
> In any case, good luck to you, and welcome to the list.

2 things on this...
1. there are some jobs available, its whether or not they are offering
the compensation that you want/need.
2.  The cost of living in Dallas/Ft Worth is _much_ lower than in many
other large metropolitan areas, and much cheaper than Austin.  This is
something to keep in mind when looking at Linux jobs in the area.

Linux has a place around here job wise, but finding a good fit anywhere
is not easy right now.