[NTLUG:Discuss] Hi, all

Greg Edwards greg at nas-inet.com
Thu Oct 24 21:42:39 CDT 2002

bryn konti wrote:

> --- Christopher Baker <chris at chrisbaker.net> wrote:

snip

> certain amount of competency.  Learning and
> understanding MS software is still important if only
> because Windows is the most dominant OS on the planet.

snip

> Cheers,
>
> Bryn

Sorry, but I'm going to have to correct you here.  Yes Windows dominates
the desktop but only represents about 2% of the industry as a whole.
When you look at the entire computing industry you'll find MS is a very
small player.  Not many digital switches run NT and you won't find XP or
98 anywhere in your car.  And thank goodness ME doesn't control any 747
or F-16 cockpits.  How many NT clusters do you find on the Top 500
Supercomputers list?

--
Greg Edwards
New Age Software, Inc.