[NTLUG:Discuss] video problems

Christopher Baker chris at chrisbaker.net
Sun Oct 27 13:50:54 CST 2002

> These are just ideas.  I doubt the monitor issue is Gnome specific, but
> could be settings or driver.  The speed issue is going to depend on a
> lot of things.  Keep in mind Gnome and KDE and not light weight window
> managers and use a _LOT_ of memory.  Since you only have 64M with a
> 200MHz, you may want to try something more slim, like afterstep or
> icewm, maybe.

Thanks. Do you have any URL's for these?

Chris

"Naturally, the common people don't want war, neither in Russia, nor
England, nor for that matter Germany. That is understood. But after
all, it is leaders of the country who determine the policy; and it is
always a simple matter to drag people along, whether it is a
democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist
dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can be brought to the
bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them
they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of
patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same
in every country."  --Hermann Goering at the 1946 Nuremburg Trials
Chris Baker -- www.chrisbaker.net
chris at chrisbaker.net, chrisbaker at iname.com, cbaker2 at columbus.rr.com
"When you stop growing, you start dying."