[NTLUG:Discuss] Mandrake ISO downloads

chris@chrisbaker.net chris at chrisbaker.net
Fri Nov 1 09:03:00 CST 2002

Has anyone tried to download and burn Mandrake 9.0?

I left my PC up at work and downloaded the first two CD's when I
left. It took about ten hours, which still isn't bad.

I was a little concerned when I saw that the size of the first two ISO
images were 711 MB and 716 MB. When I tried to burn the first one,
this was confirmed. The burn failed.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Are all the ISO images for
Mandrake like this? This is the first bad burn I have ever had on this
CD burner.

I'm guessing that it simply couldn't handle an image this large. The
Red Hat images were in the 600-650 range, and they burned fine.

Could it be that Mandrake is doing this foil people who want to
download and burn Mandrake instead of buying it retail?

Chris

Chris