[NTLUG:Discuss] List Charter

MadHat madhat at unspecific.com
Sat Dec 21 19:07:30 CST 2002

As a reminder...
Oh and this is now also posted to the subscribe/info page.

Purpose:
This list is for discussing Linux or NTLUG related topics.

How To Subscribe and Un-subscribe:

What IS Appropriate?:
-  Discussing Linux and Linux related topics
-  Discussing NTLUG related topics
-  Asking for help with you Linux installation or app
   you are running on Linux
-  Wrapped lines, usually around 70 chrs
-  Common sense when posting.
-  Consulting the list archives before posting a question.
   http://www.ntlug.org/pipermail/discuss/
-  Use Google to search ntlug.org before posting a question
http://www.google.com/linux?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=site%3Antlug.org
-  Courtesy to other list members
-  Respecting other people's opinions.
   If you disagree, don't be an ass about it.

What IS NOT Appropriate?:
-  HTML/RTF messages (anything non text really)
-  Attachments (post to a website and reference the URL,
   see sites like Yahoo! Geocities for free space)
-  Cross posting.
-  Over-quoting.  Only quote what is necessary that you
   are responding to.
-  SPAM.  Do not promote yourself or your business to
   the list.  Do not send job posting to the list.
-  Sig files over 5 or 6 lines long - 4 lines preferred ;)

Oh and top posting is often frowned upon...

--
MadHat at Unspecific.com
`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.