[NTLUG:Discuss] Software Raid/Small NAS box ideas

severian@pobox.com severian at pobox.com
Wed Jan 29 01:58:55 CST 2003

Gosh,
   A high end telephone switch seems like it might be a little big.  I
guess you are suggesting picking an old one up cheap(grin).
   How about an IBM NetVista case and a cheap FlexATX motherboard?  That
gets you a nice small good looking case that can hold two drives and a 1GHz
system with an Intel motherboard is just over $100 plus your drives.  See a
picture of one at:
    http://images.auctionhelper.com/images/ebay@bargainland.net/repeat/archive-347.jpg

Ralph Green, Jr