[NTLUG:Discuss] how do I get a list of files that are set read-only?

Steve Baker sjbaker1 at airmail.net
Fri Jan 31 15:59:19 CST 2003

Merlin wrote:

>>Try doing *THAT* in Windoze!  (I guess you go out and spend $200
>>on Norton-write-protection-unscrew-up or something)
>>

> Actually, I've had to do that in Windoze before, and, as a non-sequitor, how I
> did it was load the two dir listings into separate spreadsheets, write a
> function in another column that compared the files flagging those I was looking
> for.  Then, I filterd based on that column and copy and pasted to another
> spreadsheet.  I then wrote a VBA module that processed the spreadsheet and
> created a batch file to do what I needed to.  Then all I had to do was execute
> the batch file.

Well - yeah - if you're going to write programs to do it...but with only
the tools provided, I think it would be pretty tricky.

HomeEmail: <sjbaker1 at airmail.net>    WorkEmail: <sjbaker at link.com>
HomePage : http://www.sjbaker.org
Projects : http://plib.sf.net    http://tuxaqfh.sf.net
            http://tuxkart.sf.net http://prettypoly.sf.net