[NTLUG:Discuss] Simulating M$oft responses to windows XP

Bug Hunter bughuntr at one.ctelcom.net
Tue Feb 18 10:37:20 CST 2003

  OOPS!  Sorry, that isn't what I meant.  Thanks for the info, but I know
about samba.

  There are packets that XP sends in the background, to M$ servers.  If
the M$ servers respond, then full functionality exists in XP and its
applications. If M$ servers don't respond, then XP cripples some of its
functionality.  During this process, proprietary information can be passed
back to M$.

  As I understand it, the medical profession is in violation of HIPA when
using Windows XP.

  I was hoping someone had done something to fool XP into thinking it was
talking to M$ servers during this process.  This would allow the medical
profession to stay legal while using XP, for instance.

  Thanks for the info, anyway.

bug