[NTLUG:Discuss] perl cgi script question

Geremy L. Hamlett gnuzealot at swbell.net
Sat Mar 8 13:02:30 CST 2003

One guestion,

I have a couple of cgi scripts coded in perl sitting on a website.  I
copied them back to my computer, that has no webserver running, and tried to
run the scripts.  I opened a browser and open the html file that points
to the script.  When I hit submit it just displays the perl script in
on the browser.  It dosn't execute the script.  Is this due to the
fact that I do not have a webserver running on my home comp? or
something more complicated?

Thanks,
gnuzealot