[NTLUG:Discuss] total drive size

Bishop, Cass cbishop at atxtelematics.com
Wed Mar 12 10:23:37 CST 2003

I should have explained my situation more completely.  I need to find out
the total disk space on many systems.  I could use df but it does not
provide a total for all partitions.  This means that I need to run it then
do the math.  This would be very time consuming.

What I was hoping for is a command, or series of commands that can get the
info for each partition then total it up for me.  I have started with this
to get a list of partition sizes but I'm not sure what to do with it now.  I
need to total this number and make it human readable(like the df -h option).

df|cut -c 20-29|grep -v block

I'd like to make it a single command string to run from a single box to all
of my other ones using ssh.  Does anyone have any tips?

Cass