[NTLUG:Discuss] YES kernel, YES vpn, NO webcam -- and NO sound

Dennis Daupert ddaupert at csc.com
Fri Mar 14 09:37:01 CST 2003

I got some really good assistance on recompiling the 2.4.19 kernel
on my suse box from this mailing list, and I want to thank everyone
who helped out. I am in awe of the spirit of generosity in this community.

The kernel panicked first couple times I tried to boot, but I saw the msg
about 'could't mount reiser fs' and I went back in and compiled reiser
support into the kernel, and then booted ok. The vpn app installed ok
this time -- ya hoo! I just need to configure.

But two issues.

1) He couldn't find the module for my creative sound blaster live!
card. How can I help him find that module? I did check in make
menuconfig to be sure that module was checked (m).

2) The webcam driver install reported a couple of errors, and
a line in there suggested there might be some useful info in dmesg.
If someone would be willing to make the trip to my website, I posted
the installation dialog and dmesg output at:

http://ideastream.com/errors/

I'm getting excited, getting really close!

/dennis

Office phone: 817-762-8304