[NTLUG:Discuss] possibly OT: sendmail config on redhat

Kelledin kelledin+NTLUG at skarpsey.dyndns.org
Sun Mar 23 15:46:35 CST 2003

On Sunday 23 March 2003 05:59 am, Jack Snodgrass wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Mar 2003 20:17:22 -0600, Jay Urish wrote:
> > Try postfix... The config is in english and there are some
> > good resources on the net..
> >
> > One other thing, postfix and sendmail are kind of like
> > cousins... They have stuff in common..
> > Your sasl stuff should work with it.
>
> I vote for postfix too. I've used it for several years. The
> SMTP_AUTH stuff works fine. ... if you spent too much time
> with sendmail allready... it's time to cut your losses and
> move to something that won't take a PHD to configure.

Another vote for Postfix.  The problem with sendmail isn't just
the configuration difficulties, it's the speed.  Sendmail is dog
slow compared to just about every other MTA out there.

Postfix and QMail tend to be the fastest MTAs around (at least on
UNIX--I haven't seen them benched next to MS Exchange).

--
Kelledin
it still cost four figures to fix?"