[NTLUG:Discuss] YIKES! Texas bill could render firewalls/routers illegal...

Rob Apodaca rob.apodaca at attbi.com
Tue Apr 1 09:42:01 CST 2003

> Call your rep and tell them to not vote for it.

I have emailed my state rep. Since I've never been much of an activist,
I wonder if it would be more effective to send snail mail. On this one
issue, I am willing to take some extra steps so that I am heard.

> Tell them they will lose any protection they have on their
> internet connection at home if it passes (most probably
> have expensive lightning fast super duper broadband that
> normal folks cannot afford... probably shared with nat).

A politician smart enough to install (or have installed) a firewall? I
doubt it. Every politician knows that aol IS the internet. ok don't want
to start sh*t here...just venting.

-Rob